Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We were Fooled

I have to admit I made three trips to the mail box today. Very concerned about whether our mail would even be delivered. Yesterday after we didn't get any mail for about the third day in a row, I called the post office. When I gave them the address, they told me that there was a vacation hold for mail for Jardy King. I thought that it was strange that Jardy would put a hold on the mail, but maybe he just wanted to get his mission call letter himself. When I called him to ask him about it, he said he didn't know what I was talking about. I don't know who put the mail on hold or why, but it sure has had everyone wondering. When the mail was delivered there was several pieces bound together in an elastic and then lose letters that I assumed were for today. No letter from Church Headquarters. Jardy did get a flyer about the upcoming Wild West Motor X races. He also got a letter from Kay Jewelers Credit wanting him to add an authorized signer to his Kay account. Since he does not have a Kay Jewelers account, naturally I assume it's his dad, again. That now makes me wonder about the vacation hold also. I could tell Jardy was disappointed, even though he didn't say much. Now we have another week to worry and anticipate, again. He has so many people wanting to hear from him when he gets it, that I hope the pressure does not get to him. I also hope and pray that the powers to be are in tune to the spirit and that the message that the destination brings, is not lost in too high of expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment