Two weeks from today Jardy will leave on his mission. His flight leaves from the SLC airport at 11:15 am. He will have to be there 3 hours early. He will arrive in Manchester England approx. 9 hours later, and I will not see him for approximately 2 years later. I am excited for him to start this new adventure, a chapter of his life that will help him grow in so many positive ways. But, I am selfish and nervous for myself for my life without him for that long. I will miss him so much and I know that both of us will change and that our relationship will never be what it is now again. I pray that the time will fly by, and that he will feel my love and support everyday and that he will do and be the best he can be. I pray that Heavenly Father will bless him with courage and patience and peace. That he will do the work that he is sent out to do and that he will be blessed with knowledge and protection and the power to do those things through his desire and obedience.
Right now there is so many things left to do. We had 4 1/2 months so you would think that we would be all ready. But being the true procrastinator that I am, and Jardy kind of dragging his feet at times there are still a lot of things left to get done. He did sell his truck yesterday, which I was relieved and yet sad at the same time. I hated to see him lose his truck, but glad he was able to get it sold to pay off his motorcycle loan and have some money in the bank. With all our medical bills from his accident in May and Bobs on July 3rd I have no idea at this point where any of the money is coming from to pay for anything. I just have to have faith that it will all work out some how.
Jacy and Saul went to the Ogden Temple yesterday and received their endowments. I finally made it back to the temple after 18 years. I was glad I was able to go and support Jacy and she is so lucky that she was able to find Saul and that they are now on their way to becoming an eternal family. They will be sealed August 4th in the Logan Temple after Jardy receives his endowment. What a big day and so special for all of us. Jentry will be sealed to Saul and Jacy and Jardy will be able to be there and witness this blessing. b I don't feel like I have been a great example of the gospel in my children's lives. I am so grateful that they have made good choices and have had good friends and leaders that have influenced and lead them on this path to the temple and to eternal salvation. My wish and prayer for them both is as always, that they will be happy and safe and be able to accomplish all the things in their lives that they desire.
Now a new stage of my life begins. Change is always a little bit scary the unknown a little bit unnerving, but I have a lot to focus on Bob getting healthy again and a new grandson that will be arriving in about 8 weeks. I will be excited to hear from Jardy and his progress and adventure in service to his church and to his heavenly father in a foreign country. So here we stand on the threshold of all these changes may God be with us and guide and direct us. May we do the things that will lead us all to live better lives. Be a closer family and continue progressing in the gospel and that we will have peace, health, and happiness to comfort us by doing so.
And One Year Later....
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment